Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stained Glass Desert Abstract Firescreen

I was commissioned to make a stained glass fireplace screen with an abstract theme of a Kite and desert scene. Kite? I thought. Hmm.......



I was advised a Kite was a hawk and I went searching for a picture in the Encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_hawk . There were a few preliminary drawings before Jay approved the one above. But before I started drawings, I had to have dimensions to work with. I was thrilled to find a very sturdy thick iron frame to work with. The dimensions of the frame were perfect at around 53" x 42"



This great example of stained glass used in a non-lit and lit areas. The colors and textures look very different with the sunlight behind it as shown above. The picture below has no lighting. The stained glass firescreen is placed directly in front of the fireplace with no light behind it.


No comments:

Post a Comment