Saturday, July 30, 2011

How Can I Hang Your Stained Glass Panel?

QUESTION: I am interested in the 19" diameter round Swan Lake piece.

I have a 20" diameter window in a bathroom that I need to "cover" for privacy. But to that I would need to hange the glass art...is there a way to hang this piece (maybe by a chain and a hook) that would allow me to put that stained glass art in front of the window??

ANSWER: The stained glass pieces available for sale all have a 1/2" ring at the center top for hanging. This piece is 19" diameter with 1/2" ring for a total size of 19-1/2" give or take 1/16". The panels can hang inside the window sill with a hook by the ring soldered on the panel. This panel size weighs approximately 3-1/2 lbs. Make sure your hook can support the weight. The picture below shows the hook inside the sill and an "S" hook was added so the panel would hang lower.
You can also use a jack chain attached to the wall and hang the panel at a desired height in window. It is not recomended to place in front of sliding or operating window. Because of the constant access to open and close the window, you might accidently hit and break either or both. I hope this answers your question. Thank you for your inquiry!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment